Semantia Pty. Ltd. (“Semantia”) considers its trademarks and the goodwill represented by such trademarks as extremely valuable assets. It is therefore important that you follow these guidelines when using any of the Semantia Trademarks. Semantia will take all appropriate legal and equity steps necessary or advisable to preserve the strength and retain the exclusive rights to use its trademarks. For the purposes of these guidelines, the “PTXchange Trademarks” include all registered and unregistered trademarks and service marks (such as words, names, symbols, devices, slogans or any combination thereof) owned by Semantia, including without limitation, those trademarks and service marks associated with the PTXchange. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Semantia is the exclusive owner of the PTXchange Trademarks and reserves all rights not expressly granted herein or pursuant to a separate license agreement. Accordingly, any goodwill derived from using a PTXchange Trademark inures solely to Semantia benefit. By using a PTXchange Trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Semantia is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with Semantia’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Semantia’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any trademark owned by Semantia.
To the extent that Semantia has entered into a business relationship with you, Semantia may have provided with you specific requirements for how the PTXchange Trademarks are to be used in terms of size, typeface, colors, other graphic characteristics of the trademarks, or other limitations and you must abide by those requirements when using the PTXchange Trademarks.
Permitted Use of PTXchange Trademarks
- You may use the PTXchange Trademarks to accurately describe how your products or services relate to Semantia’s products and services, so long as you observe these guidelines and it is clear that your products and services are not offered, sponsored, associated with or endorsed by Semantia. See Compatibility below.
- You may use taglines that refer to PTXchange Trademarks; provided that such taglines always appear in smaller and less prominent type than your company’s own brand name and use a different typeface, colors or other graphic characteristics.
- You must make the Semantia Trademarks distinguishable from the surrounding text in some manner, such as capitalising the trademark, enclosing it in quotes, and/or using a different typeface or font for the trademark.
- You may use the Semantia Trademarks only in the form provided by Semantia and may not use them in plural or modified forms.
- You must always use the appropriate trademark symbol, such as TM, SM or ®, as specified by Semantia and include written text in a footnote to indicate the trademark is owned by Semantia and used by you with permission. Use the following format:
“Semantia”, the “Semantia logo”, “PTXchange” and the “PTXchange logo” are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Semantia in the Australia and/or other countries.
Prohibited Use of PTXchange Trademarks
- You may not use a Semantia Trademark as an adjective followed by the generic category name of the product or service it modifies, such as Semantia trucking or Semantia vehicle transport services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, “Semantia” functions not only as a trademark and service mark identifying its goods and services, but also as a trade name or company name referring to Semantia Pty. Ltd.
- You may not incorporate a Semantia Trademark into your company’s name, publication title, conference title, website name, product or service name or domain name without Semantia prior written consent which may require a license agreement in Semantia’s sole discretion.
- You may not use misspellings, abbreviations, phonetic equivalents, or trademarks that rhyme with or sound like, or any marks that are confusingly similar to the Semantia Trademarks.
- You may not use abbreviations or foreign language translations of the Semantia Trademarks.
- “Semantia – Make IT Happen” is written using a capitalised first letter of each word. The word “IT” is entirely capitalised. All other letters are in lower case.
- “PTXchange” is written using uppercase “PTX”. All other letters are in lower case.
- You may not use company names, product names, url names or domain names that combine a Semantia Trademark with other words, terms or trademarks so as to create a unitary mark. For example, you should not use www.MYptxchange.com.au as your domain name or name your product “PTXchangeLink”.
- You may not use a Semantia logo or design in connection with your products or services except under a license agreement with Semantia.
- You may not incorporate any Semantia logo or design in your own company or product logos.
- You may not display any Semantia logo or design on your website or other promotional materials except under a license agreement with Semantia.
- You may not use PTXchange Trademarks in a disparaging, false or misleading way.
- You may not use PTXchange Trademarks on or in connection with any defamatory, scandalous, pornographic, or other objectionable materials of any sort.
- You may not use typefaces for your company name, product name or service name that look like those of a PTXchange Trademark and create the potential impression of an association, affiliation or sponsorship between Semantia and your company.
- You may not use logos or designs that incorporate design elements of or look similar to those of Semantia.
- You may not adopt Semantia’s distinctive trade dress elements in your company website, packaging, marketing or other materials.
- You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts, key chains, and mugs, bearing any PTXchange Trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except under a license agreement with Semantia.
Other Similar Terms
While Semantia does not own registered trademarks for other similar uses, such as “ptxchange.com”, “pt exchange”, given the similarity to the Semantia’s Trademarks, use of such similar terms can create confusion in the marketplace regarding the source, original or sponsorship of such products. Therefore, to avoid such confusion, we do not permit the use of such similar terms in association with the vehicle transport industry.
With the exception of the Semantia logos (the use of which requires a license agreement with Semantia), you generally may use the PTXchange Trademarks to refer to Semantia’s products or services in advertising, promotional, and sales materials, assuming that you have the necessary authority to sell or promote Semantia’s products or services, e.g. authorised reseller, partner, etc.
You may indicate the relationship of your products and services to Semantia’s products or services by using an accurate referential phrase in connection with your product or service, for example, “a PTXchange Affiliate Partner” or “a member of the PTXchange” provided that: (a) the PTXchange Trademark appears less prominent than the product or service name; (b) the PTXchange Trademark is not a part of or incorporated in your product or service name; and (c) the referential phrase is accurate and complies with the requirements of these guidelines and as set forth in any license agreement with Semantia.
Misuse of PTXchange Trademarks by Others
If you learn of any uses of any trademarks that are confusingly similar to the PTXchange Trademarks, please notify Semantia by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Similarly, if you become aware of any use of an PTXchange Trademark that violates any of the rules described above, including failure to identify PTXchange Trademarks as belonging to Semantia, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please provide a copy of the article or other medium in which the trademark violation appeared.
Changes to Trademark Usage Guidelines
Semantia may add to, change, update or modify these guidelines or the PTXchange Trademarks by posting such addition, change, update or modification on this website. Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the website.